Our passionfruit-prickly pear mead a.k.a. the vacation mead. The passion fruit is tart like a pineapple and the prickly is sweet like a mild melon. Together they create a tropical flavor that will definitely transport you to the beach no matter what time of year it is!
ABV: 12.0 %
Pairs well with spicy foods, red meat, bleu cheese. Cheeses to consider: Gorgonzola, Rocquefort, Stilton
Drink recipe #1:
Passion Fruit Madras (from Rachel Whitty-Hajj, mixologist at Crave Wine Bar):
Stir and add your favorite garnish!
- 2 parts Paradise Unpaved mead
- 1 part rum
- 1 part orange juice
Drink recipe #2:
Tiki Island (from Harmony at Booze Epoque)
Shake over ice and pour into rocks glass. Add angostura bitters and orange and lime wedges.
- 1.5 oz Paradise Unpaved mead
- 1 oz Pierre Ferrand amber cognac
- 1 oz pineapple juice
- 1/2 oz orange juice
- 1/4 oz passion fruit syrup
- 1/4 oz float savory and James amontillado medium deluxe sherry
- Squeeze of lime and orange wedge
- Dash of angostura bitters